30.12.10

I admit; Death is a godless illness killing us all.

looking 4 U

it's disgusting how so few of us know what we're doing.
if we are fortunate enough to find out, we
wake to realise we are doing it wrong
but it's ok, aaliyah repeats,
'you can dust yourself off and try again'.
only, i don't think we all can, i don't think
that neglecting to brush my teeth,
and my seasoned wear of these, the same pair of long-johns
load me with self-assurance, a working spine.
surely, they are too soiled for dusting off
surely, if i were to dust something off, it would be
myself. and i've thought, at length about standing in
front of a moving train. but i've thought at length about a few
things. it's what you act on, cause you never know when,
you can dust yourself off and try again
my jeans around my ankles as i sit on the toilet
the tap isn't off, the rhythm of the blues is always the same
drip-drip, drip-dry, try again

No comments:

Post a Comment